2008 Olympic Gold Medalists

2008 Olympic Gold Medalists
(click on picture to see larger picture)

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Gearing up for Miami

Leaving for the first AVP event of 2007 in Miami in about 12 hours or so. A little bit nervous as you never know if all that preparation over the last several months has done much for you when it comes down to crunch time. Phil, my partner, and I have been working hard with our trainers Bob Alejo and Sandy Combs since December and January respectively. (I will detail some of the workouts in another post.)
We have been practicing against several teams and have been a bit inconsistent although we have played better ball against the better teams. We have certainly held our own but by no means have we been utterly dominant. I keep forcing myself to realize that we are not going to be at the level we were at in August of last year. Perhaps close, but then again, I don't want to be at mid-season peak form in the middle of April.

No comments: