2008 Olympic Gold Medalists

2008 Olympic Gold Medalists
(click on picture to see larger picture)

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Portland HWN

Had a great trip to Portland and the playing was good too. I took my daughter with me so we could go see the Spruce Goose which is located about 1 hour outside of Portland. We left on Tuesday afternoon and got in that night. I had media all day on Wend. and Hannah was a trooper. Wend. night we had courtside tickets to the Blazers game vs. Oklahoma City. Literally our feet were on the court and I could have tripped a player if I stuck my foot all the way out. Was a good game as both teams are really athletic and fun to watch. I really enjoy watching Roy play as he is so smooth. Just looks effortless. Also really enjoyed watching Westbrook from Oklahoma City. Guy is a silly athlete with mega hops and quicker than a cat. Lot of dunks and fun plays. Hannah really enjoyed it too as they put up a Happy Birthday note on the big screen for her as she just turned 10.

On Thursday we went to see the Spruce Goose at the Evergreen Aviation Museum. We spent 5 hours there. It was very cool and Hannah loved it. When we came back it was about time to go to the gym to get ready to play. Hannah hung out in the box like she always does at tourneys and was a good kid the whole night. Didn't get to bed very early and she struggled the next day but it was all good.

The games were fun. Lauren Fendrick won it for the women and Rosy won it for the men. Really good games on the men's side. All of them were won by 2 points and the last one was 25-23 Jake and Sean beat Casey and I. In the 4's Fendrick's team was Jake, Nicole and I vs. Rosy's team of Casey, April and Jen. It was a battle but Fendrick's team pulled it out 16-14. All in all it was a good time with an enthusiastic crowd. On to Salt Lake City now where we will be playing on Valentine's Day during All-Star weekend. Hmmmm.... Hope there are a lot of lovebirds who love beach volleyball and don't like basketball.

2 comments:

UmassJSP said...

Good stuff Todd. My kids are 10 and 12 and I am starting to think about when they go to college and you really need to savor the time you have with them now. But, traveling with a 10 year old...my 10 yr old only eats chicken nuggets, grilled cheese and mac and cheese. So if you cant find one of those out on the road there will be trouble. Westbrook is the kid out of UCLA I believe...he is really turning heads. The AVP sounds like it is selling well this Winter but it has to be a tough on all sports to get fannies in seats. Happy Valentines Day to all!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Todd,

Westbrook, a Leuzinger High grad. is from my backyard. Doral Wright of Miami is from the same school.

Back in the 80's when I worked for Mattel. We had our Mattel Employees Group Christmas Party in the dome where the Spruce was dock in Long Beach. It was right next to the Queen Mary. Very cool. H. Hughes was not. Total OCD freak. During my junior in my Abby Normal Psych. class, there was about 2-3 pages about this brilliant mind.

Arsenal 12