2008 Olympic Gold Medalists

2008 Olympic Gold Medalists
(click on picture to see larger picture)

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Goodday from AUS

Phil and I are fighting off boredom as we wait for the MD of the tourney here in Adelaide. Left SB Saturday night and got in midday on Monday. 14 hour flight from LAX to Sydney. Longest flight I have ever been on but we did get the upgrade which was huge. Time change is 17 1/2 hours ahead of pacific time. Pretty easy to get used to. You get up early and want to get to bed early. Works for me.

Had a good workout in the gym on Tuesday. Hit it around a bit on Monday when we got in but it is really really windy. The wind started up Monday afternoon and has not let up. To the point where beach volley becomes who can keep the ball in the court wins. It has also rained a little as well. I guess they really need that here though as they have been in a drought. Hopefully today the wind will die down. Either way we plan on hitting it around again to get used to the conditions.

AUS is a nice place. Everyone here has been very gracious and kind. I have to say so far that I definetely like it here. Even had a little Kangaroo meat the other day. Pretty good stuff. Similar to beef but a touch gamier.

Cheers mate.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Todd,
Go for it in your first 2008 FIVB! Set the momentum for the rest of the season and on to Beijing. And keep Phil on the straight and narrow. :)

We're all rooting for ya,
Steve

Anonymous said...

todd, looks like furbs and casey are doing well for now...can you let us know when main draw will start...looks like there will be one more day of qualifiers...anxious i guess to see the big dogs results...enjoy your time there and let me know what the waves are like there...alan beverly/birmingham, al

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the new AVP website? It is not fan friendly. I wrote the AVP, no reply back as today. Here is what I wrote:

I am going to give you my honest opinion here, you have constructed a site that is not fan friendly. Where is the content? The graphics are nice, but this website lacks substance. There was plenty of it on last years website. This new site lacks player profiles, stats page, etc. I asked why you removed such information? One of things I loved most about last years website was the fan friendly message board and the video pages. I am pretty sure you have angered quite bit of AVP loyal fans across this great country who loved to get on last years site. A pro sports website is a major tool for fans to go to. There they can find frequently changing information during the season, stats, videos, blogs, message boards, etc. I hope that happens here with this new site. Otherwise I have no reason to visit this site more than once a week.

Arsenal 12

Karim Levy said...

Hey todd,
Have a great first Tournament with i hope a first great result.
Karim

PS: please dont explose too much the french team at your first match ; )