2008 Olympic Gold Medalists

2008 Olympic Gold Medalists
(click on picture to see larger picture)

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Lounging

How nice is it to have a weekend off in the summer? I cannot remember the last time I wasn't playing in a tourney in June, July, or August. And two weeks off! I don't think that has happened during my tenure as a pro. Not going to lie, I like it. I have lots of time to get my workouts in and hang with the kids and family and don't have to stress about getting things done before leaving again. Essentially it is the calm before the storm. After all, we will pretty much be travelling from June 18th to August 3rd with a short stop at home mid-July.

Just last night I went out on a date with my daughter Hannah. Nice dinner and a movie. Trying to show her how a gentlemen will open car, restaurant, and movie doors while on a date as well as pull out her chair if there is a chair to pull out. Never too young to learn the proper etiquette. Planning on camping next week and going to a Dodgers game with Nate before I leave for Europe. Looking forward to enjoying some time with the kids with no school or strings pulling us away.

5 comments:

UmassJSP said...

Todd-
Sounds like you are "living the dream" for a couple weeks. Did you see that movie "Up"? People are raving about it but I havent taken the kids to see it yet. My oldest turned 13 last weekend and I cant believe she will be driving in 3 years. Being a parent your job is to prepare the kids so they dont need us anymore...even though we dont want that to happen. Crazy.

I watched some of the girls NCAA College Beach VB championships. See what the Lakers do tonight...the Magic have been unbelievably resiliant so Lakers better play well. Scott from Cape Cod

Anonymous said...

Hey Todd,
Wow, it's really great you have a break. The AVP's reduced tour length (from '08) is a refreshing benefit for you and the rest.
All the best in Ocean City, MD - hopefully it's better than NJ stops in Belmar and Sleazeside - where Jason Ring stepped on a syringe in 2007.

Steve-O

Anonymous said...

Hello Mr Gold Medalist,

Today the boys in my classroom allowed all the girls who needed to take tests about the book they just read, go first.

Today each one these boys behaved like a gentleman.

Arsenal 12

Brad Schvaneveldt said...

Todd,
I just happened to stumble upon your blog here and am very excited to hear about your experiences when it comes to volleyball. I am absolutely obsessed with the game right now and spend a lot of time thinking and trying to research things I can do to make my game play better. If you have time (and wouldn't mind), I would really like to hear some specifics on what you have done as you were coming up (and what you could suggest to others) to improve your hitting skills, your passing, serving, etc. Could be some nice fillers for your blog, and very interesting to read between reports of your tournament experiences and such. I know I would benefit greatly to get some pointers from such a great player like yourself, and would imagine a lot of your readers would feel the same!

-Schvanz

Todd Rogers said...

Scott- I was living the dream. About to get back to reality though. Have not seen "UP" but my kids have and I have heard it is really good. Guess the Lakers played well and Phil lost a lot of bets.

Steve-O - Think it will be good in the OC, Maryland.

Arsenal - Glad to hear you are preaching like me. :)

Schvanz - Glad to have you reading. At times I do little things like that. Depends on how busy I am. My advice to you right now if you are just starting out is to play play play!

Todd