2008 Olympic Gold Medalists

2008 Olympic Gold Medalists
(click on picture to see larger picture)

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Glendale GOB

Sounds strange saying that the God of the Beach is going to be in Glendale and not Vegas. Been a long time since the KOB/GOB was not run in Vegas. I think it was in Florida way back in the early 90's before it moved out to the Hard Rock in Vegas.

As always, there should be some interesting games on both sides. My first match is on Friday night with Nick Lucena vs. still to be determined. I am hoping that it works out where 2 other little guys are in our pool. I think that would be a lot of fun to play in and I think it would be a first.

Should be smoking hot too. I think the high for everyday will be between 100 and 105 degrees. Thank goodness we don't have to play a ton of matches. Last tourney for me and I could not be happier about it. I am ready for that offseason.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Todd no United Emirates? I was seriously considering heading out there, always wanted to go.

Well. if not you had an incredible year. I'm sure you hit on most of your goals. Don't forget the 3 out of 4 FIVB grand slams leading upto the Oly. Those stand alone on their own merit.

Now, probably not as high on the 2008 objective's list is the KOB, but why not?

Good luck. See if you can erase any doubt.

Jeff

Unknown said...

You & Nick should make for an interesting match. You might need to block most of the time...or play like the Argentinians against you in the Olympics. There should be some sick defense. That means that Phil will be playing with Sean Scott at some point. That should be interesting too. I'm hoping that you go up against Phil and it'll be you & Sean against Phil & Nick. Good luck and may the best man win!

Garret

Unknown said...

Well you got what you wished for! The D guys in one pool & the Blockers in the other. And the last eight are all partners to each other and in my estimation the top 4 teams on tour this year.

Garret

Anonymous said...

Todd congrats on a spectacular year. Enjoy your winter off, happy B-day tuesday, drink a bottle at cold springs tavern on me, and get wet at Isla vista

jah

Todd Rogers said...

Jeff- No FIVB. Too far to travel without enough incentive to do so. Thank you though.

Garret- We switched blocked but I didn't side out very well from the left.

Jah- Will do. Already checking the surf report daily.

Todd