2008 Olympic Gold Medalists

2008 Olympic Gold Medalists
(click on picture to see larger picture)

Monday, September 29, 2008

GOB

Congrats to John Hyden and Jen Boss for becoming the God and Goddess of the Beach. Both played well and were very deserving.

I believe John did not lose a game in route to his second straight crown. He went 7-0 on the weekend. I was in his second pool and he played very well with me. In my first game I played with Nick Lucena against Rosy and John. I played left and just was not consistant enough siding out to give us a chance. We scored some points but then I would inevitably give a couple up to give them the lead back. We lost 21-18 and 21-14. That put me and Nick in a tough spot to even have the chance to get out of pool. In the next game I played with John and we won 18 and 18. I was back on the right side and sided out okay. I also had a bunch of blocks and felt good up there. In the third game I played with Rosy. We started off strong making plays and were up a couple of points. I gave up a couple though and that started us down hill. We ended up losing in overtime as Nick came up big with a couple of aces at the end of the game. In the second we never got it going at all and they sided out really well. I think the score was 21-16.

It was tough to really get the juices flowing for any of the matches. I played as hard as I could but just did not have it this weekend. Fortunately the season is over and I am pretty sure that everyone including me is happy to see it end. It seemed like one of the longest seasons I have ever played. Now for a break!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

todd, it's been a very good year for you! Lots of accomplishments and cash. I know you and phil have to be worn out with all the travel and being away from home. Enjoy your time off from volleyball, and enjoy your family. We as fans thank you for taking the time to keep us informed. I have been very disappointed with avp website this year, and really missed avp tv, but i knew i could count on your updates. Thank you again todd. Enjoy your upcoming winter holidays with your family. alan beverly/birmingham, alabama

Anonymous said...

Does winter vacation include a trip to Dubai with Sean Scott??? Saw you name on the entry list this weekend and it shocked me. Talk to you soon....

Anonymous said...

I could not believe it that the Beach Volleyball Team USA , after winning gold across the board. Had to come back home and literately hit the sand spiking.Well now you made it to the end of the season, and a well deserved break.

Also, Happy Birthday to you.

Will catch you on the other side of the season.

Anonymous said...

happy b-day, todd!!! see you in nyc in feb!

Margo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Todd,
First and foremost, Happy Birthday to you! Second, congratulations on the 5 or 6 blocks you got this weekend. Brought you back to the good ol' days when you were playing with Dax, eh? I tried to follow all the matches on avp radio but volleyball is definitely not a radio sport. Still it was better than just looking at the matches in progress on the avp site. Congratulations on an amazing season and enjoy the off season.

Garret

Todd Rogers said...

Alan- You are welcome Alan and thank you for being a loyal fan.

Dillan- No trip to Dubai. Signed up but am out.

Daniel- No rest for the weary this year. Thanks.

Margo- I do remember you. Good luck finding a good school. I checked out your video and you are a very solid volleyball player.

Garret- It was fun. I love blocking. Probably my favorite skill.

Todd